A friend sent this today, so I thought I might contribute one "moore"
thought to the recent thread about image:

Michael Moore, author of "Stupid White Men" was interviewed by BuzzFlash
today 3/13/02
(www.buzzflash.com/interviews/2002/03/Michael_Moore_031302.html).

EXCERPT:

"BUZZFLASH: Now specifically, a little bit about your book. You've
written in your columns that after September 11th, your publisher was going
deep-six the book unless you took out critical comments on Bush. You held
firm. Is it true that the librarians of America came to your defense and
saved the day?

MICHAEL MOORE: That's what it looks like. I mean, I didn't know who any of
these people were. They -- this one librarian found out about it, and she
got in a, I don't know, library chat room. Or she sent a letter out to a
list of librarians, and they sent it out to a bunch of people, and the
thing kind of mushroomed from there. So, I'd say it's a combination of these
librarians and the Internet, because they started sending letters to
Harper-Collins, and Harper-Collins saw that it wasn't gonna be a good
thing to ban the book. But I'm really happy about it. I really didn't
realize
the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group.

BUZZFLASH: Subversive.

MICHAEL MOORE: They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there
at the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution,
man. I wouldn't mess with them..."

***

--Ann Lindell
A N N    L I N D E L L