What follows is a draft agenda for the Museum Libraries Division Business
meeting. Please let me know if you would like to add anything to the agenda.
The meeting will tae place on Saturday, March 23, from 8:00-9:30 a.m. Please
check the program for the location. All ARLIS attendees are welcome to
attend this meeting

I would like to devote a large part of the meeting to a discussion of the
current state of Museum libraries. In the past year some museum libraries
have expanded, but the trends of the past year seem more to be characterized
by budget cuts, hiring freezes, postponement of expansion plans, and other
developments which may indicate erosion of institutional support. Is this a
short-term or a long-term trend? In either case we would all benefit by a
discussion on current developments in our libraries. This is an important
time to have these discussions and an excellent opportunity to develop a
number of survival strategies. Please be prepared to share with us
significant developments at your library.
Please let me know if you would like to serve as Moderator for 2004.

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff has done a brilliant job as Update editor. If you would
like to serve in this important position for the next year please let me
know. This column is a valuable means of keeping colleagues informed of
museum library-related news, and your work will be greatly appreciated

I would like to thank John Evans, Assistant Librarian, Cataloging and
Reference, Hirsh Library, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, for volunteering to
serve as Recorder for our meeting.

Preliminary Agenda
Art Libraries Society of North America
Museum Libraries Division Business Meeting
Saturday, March 23, 2002
8:00-9:30 a.m.

1. Introduction of Officers

Moderator: Kenneth Soehner, Arthur K. Watson Chief Librarian, Thomas J.
Watson Library, The Metropolitan Museum of Art,

Co-Moderators: Frances Clymer, Librarian, McCracken Research Library,
Buffalo Bill Historical Center, and Jeffrey Weidman, Co-Moderators  for
2003.  (Jeffrey will not be attending this year).

Update Column Editor: Eumie Imm-Stroukoff, Librarian and Archives Manager,
Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

Recorder: John Evans

2. Nomination and election of Moderator

3. Nomination and election of Update editor

4. Announcement of Division Sponsored Sessions:

-- "Me Myself and I: the Solo Professional," co-moderated by Eumie
Imm-Stroukoff and Paul Glassman, Librarian, New York School of Interior
Design, Saturday, March 23 at 2:00-3:30 p.m.

5. Reports

-- Report from Kenneth Soehner, moderator
-- Report from Eumie Imm- Stroukoff, Update editor
-- Report from Roger Lawson, NINCH liaison
-- Report from Frances Clymer on plans for the coming year

6. Call for new business, announcements, and proposals for the 2003
Conference in Baltimore.

7.  Discussion.

Current trends and developments in Museum Libraries. I would be grateful for
your comments and input for this agenda.

Ken Soehner

Kenneth Soehner
Arthur K. Watson Chief Librarian
Thomas J. Watson Library