List members,

I was out most of the day yesterday and missed a lot of the discussion on
the list.  I wish I had been here and been able to send this quick reminder
out then.  I just wanted to let everyone know that the only messages coming
to the list are those from members who have been on the list for a long
time, members who have subscribed since November 1 and who I have taken off
of "review status" after a message or two, or messages the I approve
personally either because they are sent from non-subscribers or from newer
members who are still on "review status."  It is very true that I may not
know a lot about individual people, but I have to say that there is a lot
that goes on behind the scenes that the regular list member is unaware of.

In addition, I just want to let everyone know one thing that has come up a
couple times in the past few months.  I will never reveal to anyone who is
subscribed to the list or the status of any subscriber.  I feel this is a
privacy issue similar to what we all deal with on a regular basis in our
libraries.  We are not in the business of telling patrons who has the books
that they need.

Finally, I don't know how the figure of 4000+ subscribers came about, but I
just checked and we have under 1500 subscribers.

Thanks,
Kerri

Kerri A. Scannell
Fine Arts Librarian, Technical Services
Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0224
(859) 257-4630