Hello All ,

I appreciate everyone's input.  But i think that maybe some things are

being misconstrued and stretched a bit by readers/listserv members.

We are in a different time now after Sept.11 and given the limitations
of this environment we engage in, i do not think it is asking too much
to be wary and to raise red flags when something seems a bit peculiar.

I responded immediately to the listserv when considering the folowing
:

 1.  When Mr.Omar's email seemed all too timely for the 6-month mark,
      which has been widely publicized, on March 11.
 2. He gave no instituional information
 3. Was using a webmail account : Yahoo
 4. His email name simply could have been interpreted a bit odd :
     Harmonic Vibrations (?)  musical ?
 5. Then there was the query concerning major centers.
 6. And yes, lastly his name unfortunately added to the raising of the
     eyebrow.  But within a specific context.

In this day after 6 months ago i feel it is wise to question and be as

certain as possible about our environment as best we can.  Better safe

than sorry...imagine if at some date in the future after giving
elaborate,
detailed info in response to this sort of email that these very centers
were
then terrorized....i would hate to feel partly responsible. i would
hate to
feel that i didn't question and possibly take some measure towards
prevention.

Some things are beyond our control but it is wise, i think, to be alert
and
aware to the possibility of infiltration of the ill-intent of
unsuspecting and
unknown entities.  We can't pretend that our academic centers and
resources are not being abused.  What can the well-intended do ?

I dont know, this is not my area of expertise, but we should all be
wary
and cautious and informed....

Mr. Omar is partly to blame for being unwise in these days and
assuming
that all the items i listed above would be overlooked by the
intelligent
people he was vaguely presenting himself to - these days.

We are all entitled to our own opinion and we should all intelligently

acknowledge the value and concern in the opinions of others.

I hope you understand and read my kindly intended words,

Christian Loor - Periodicals Coordinator
Gimbel Design Library
Parsons School of Design
212.229.3793