From: "Lacy, Melanie S"  @state.gov>
To: "'Ted Goodman'" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Nigerian Conference Delegates
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:55:56 -0500

Mr. Goodman,
I sincerely thank you for your vigilance in this matter. Everyday we
encounter applicants who try to secure visas under fraudulent pretenses.
With regard to this particular case, I checked our database and it seems as
though 3 of the applicants tried to obtain visas but were denied by one of
our consular officers. Now that we have the names of the others, we will
definitely be on alert should they too try to apply for visas.

Again, thank you for notifying us, doing your part to help meet the
challenging task of protecting our borders.