I would appreciate your comments on the following questions regarding
vertical files in libraries -

1. Has electronic access to image and text databases changed the nature of
the vertical file collection?

2. If your institution has an electronic finding aid for the vertical file,
has this affected usage of the collection?

3. Does anyone collect born-digital ephemera?  If yes, what's your experience?

I am not interested in hard numbers as much as in perceptions and
sensibilities.

Thank you,

Ruth Wallach
University of Southern California