Dear ARLIS/NA colleagues:

Wearing my hat as ARLIS-CAA liaison, I'd like to
remind you that the 90th annual conference of
the College Art Association will be held in
Philadelphia, February 20-23.  For detailed
information, see the preliminary program at:
http://www.collegeart.org/caa/conference/2002/prelimprogram/

For those planning to attend (FYI: on-site
registration and single-time-slot registration
are still options), I'm delighted to announce
that one of our own ARLIS/NA colleagues will
be presenting:

RAY ANNE LOCKARD will be speaking at a session
entitled "Discrimination in Academia: Challenging
the Myth of the Liberal Arts," sponsored by the
CAA Queer Caucus for Art.  Ray Anne's presentation
will deal with the issue of health benefits for
domestic partners, and specifically about
a lawsuit on that subject that has been pending
against the University of Pittsburgh since 1996.
The session is currently scheduled for Friday,
February 22, from Noon-1:30PM.

I heartily encourage all ARLIS members going
to Philadelphia to attend the session, both
to support a fellow-ARLIS-member and to gain
the benefit of Ray Anne's insights on this topical
issue.  (For those unable to attend but who would
like more details on the lawsuit, search for
articles on www.postgazette.com, using terms
such as "domestic partners" or Deb Henson, the
original filer of the lawsuit.)

If any other ARLIS members are speaking at CAA
this year, please let us hear from you.
And/or if there is interest in a gathering of
ARLIS-members for coffee amidst the chaos of
the CAA conference, please let me know.

Linda Duychak
ARLIS-CAA Liaison
ARLIS/NA NARC Committee