Cathy Donaldson's posting about continuous, everyday promotion of
bibliographic instruction is terrific!  (I might call it "stealth BI.")  This
is the kind of positive, assertive advertising we all need to be doing all
the time--even if we love Sanskrit cataloging!  Of course we can't devote a
huge proportion of our total time to it, but it is something we need to
constantly be aware of all the time in all of our interactions with our
various publics.  In the museum library where I work I take every docent that
needs help when I am on the reference desk firmly over to the computer
catalog and give them a friendly lesson, whether they ask for it or not!  And
contrariwise, I try not to do the work for them, though I am available to
"hold their hand."  I also make sure they know that the card catalog was
frozen 6 years ago and the OPAC has much more current information.  It's
harder to do that kind of thing with curators, but little by little, as the
curators get younger--and now that the OPAC is available on their
desktop--there is less resistance to it.

Joan M. Benedetti