Dear colleagues,

My library has been working on information literacy competencies for our
student community as a whole.  They are somewhat modeled on the ACRL
standards.

Now, we want to create discipline-specific standards, particularly for the
applied arts. The essential question we are trying to answer is:  what
should students in the field of design/applied arts know in terms of  the
finding, managing, etc. of information?  We will be meeting with faculty to
get their input.  But I am also interested to know if  any of you have
created such standards at your own institutions.  If so, I would love to
hear about it.

Thanks very much,

Kelley

Kelley Weaver
Media Arts + Design Librarian
W.W. Hagerty Library
Drexel University
33rd and Market Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19104

"Mandelbrot illustrates this property of 'self-similarity' by breaking
a piece out of a cauliflower and pointing out that, by itself, the piece
looks just like a small cauliflower" --from The Web of Life by Fritjof Capra