1. One does have to subscribe but anyone can do it online
2. One does NOT have to be an ARLIS/NA member
3. We have many librarians in foreign countries, publishers and others who
have subscribed in order to monitor developments in art librarianship and
visual resources curatorship

Although there are arguments both ways, we have chosen at this point to
keep our listserve open in the interest of providing public service and
visibility for the professionals who work in the art information field.

Some organizations have chosen to restrict access to members only and
although the Board has discussed that option, at this time we feel that the
advantages of open access are significant.

Cheers,
Ted

PS- you will be missing a great conference this year!  we'll miss you too.