As the Moderator/Vice Moderator for the Women and Art Round Table,
we would like to invite all past, present and future round table
members to attend our business meeting at the ARLIS/NA Conference
in St. Louis next month. Our goal (and I think we can achieve it)
is to have 50 members in attendance!  Also, we have officially changed
our name from WART to WomArt for obvious reasons.

Our meeting will be held on Sunday, March 24th from 3-4 p.m. At this
meeting, we will hand the torch to Eumie Imm-Stroukoff as the
incoming Moderator, elect a new Vice-Moderator, discuss program ideas
for our next conference and handle other business.   We are also seeking
nominations for Vice-Moderator, so speak now or forever hold your peace! :-)

Please contact either Eumie or myself off the list or via phone with your
nominations (feel free to nominate yourself!).

In addition, we would also like to encourage everyone to attend the
following panel session sponsored by WomArt:

Session IV: Women Artists of Saint Louis: Past and Present
Saturday March 23, 2-4pm
Moderators: Laura Schwartz, University of Texas at Austin
and Ellen Petraits, Washington University

This session will demonstrate how St. Louis was a frontier for women
artists of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Panelists will
describe how St. Louis was a training ground and rewarding work environment
for the woman artist. They will also examine the relationship of women
artists
of the nineteenth century active in St. Louis to those of the twentieth and
twenty-first centuries. What were the challenges they faced and how are they

different for women working in the area today? Who were the patrons of the
women artists of yesterday and who are the patrons of today and tomorrow?

Speakers include:
Joan Hall, Professor of Art, Washington University, St. Louis
Karen Goering, Vice-President, Missouri Historical Society
Nancy Kranzberg, Private Collector, St. Louis Philanthropist,
and Community Volunteer
Catharine Magel, Ceramist, Arts in Transit project leader

And finally, we will be preparing a small directory of members to hand out
at the meeting.

Sincerely yours,

Miguel Juarez, Moderator, WomArt
Assistant Librarian
University of Arizona Library
Center for Creative Photography Library, Rm. 101C
P.O. Box 210103, Tucson, AZ 85721-0103
Phone: (520) 626-9434/FAX: (520) 621-9444

and

Eumie Imm-Stroukoff, Vice-Moderator, WomArt
Librarian and Archives Manager
Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
217 Johnson St.
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501