Thanks to all of you who expressed interest in attending an informal
get-together of photography librarians and interested others at the St.
Louis conference.  We've picked the 1-hour block that looked unclaimed for
everyone responding with time conflicts and we hope it works for everyone
else: Sunday, March 24, 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.  Please check the message
board at the conference for a final meeting location--We'll try to post
something by midday Saturday.

If you didn't respond at first, you're still welcome and invited to attend
this meeting.  Bring your ideas, experience and questions.  It should be a
great gathering.

We'd like to use the meeting to get to know each other and our collections
and then move on to discussing some of the topics below that have already
been put forward.  Please consider the list more of a menu than an agenda,
since we may not be able to discuss everything on it.  Also, people may
bring new topics that don't appear below.

Collection Development Issues
  -- Choosing vendors
  -- Developing core photographic collections
  -- Collection policies for photography
  -- Selecting contemporary photography

Providing access to photographic archival materials

Cataloging issues
  -- Classification schemes
  -- Dealing with inadequate subject headings and classification schedules

Digital vs. analog documentation of institutional collections

Is there a need for a listserve and/or special group (roundtable, etc.)
within ARLIS/NA for photography library issues?