From: Michelle L. McDaniel
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Medieval Images of textile workers

Hey all!

I've got a question for y'all. I'm working on a project tracing the development of the textile arts (spinning, weaving, and other associated tasks) from the Early Middle Ages to roughly 1600. I'm looking for images depicting these activities (Illustrated manuscripts, paintings, carvings, etc.) Any suggestions of where to begin?

Thanks!

**michelle mcdaniel**
Archives of American Art
Smithsonian Institution