That is one of the coolest / funest things suggested EVER!  Choosing the various "faces" might be a difficult task, thought - -  we're all a little wild and wooly under our cardigans and buns.
Margaret English
Toronto Reference Library

>>> Alita Vogel <[log in to unmask]> 01/17/02 10:05AM >>>
you know those commercials lately that show a bunch of people with
different ethnicities that one by one look into the camera and say "I am
an American" or I think there is one for Americore?

We could do something similar!  We could choose some of the
coolest/wildest librarians we know to be in our commercial.  They would
in their library environment, wearing their coolest outfits (leather,
glitter, tattoos, piercings  whatever) Look into the camera and say "I
am a librarian."

We could take up a collection and have it run during some big ratings
pull like the super bowl or the Friends season finale.  What do you
think?

Alita A. Vogel
Reference Librarian
Cincinnati Art Museum