Fantastic!

Mona Chapin
Cincinnati Art Museum

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeanne Brown [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 12:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] Las Vegas|

Greetings everyone and happy new year!!

The Mountain West chapter voted at our fall conference to offer Las
Vegas
as the site of the 2005 conference. You will be hearing more about the
Nov. conference in Update, but suffice it to say at this point that our
attendees from New York, California and of course the Mountain West
states
were very enthusiastic at the end of the conference about sharing Las
Vegas with the entire ARLIS/NA membership!!! Our invitation will be
going
to the Board at their St. Louis meeting, and if Las Vegas as a
conference
site strikes a positive note with you, please let the Board members
know!

More later, Jeanne Brown, chair Mountain West chapter

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Gladys G Markoff-Sotomayor wrote:

> Miguel: I think both proposals are great.
> I think we should  select Las Vegas because it has incredible good
access
> by plane; a lot of hotels, from the travel ads' packages that we see
on
> the newspapers, it would be cheaper.  The chance to see the growth of
the
> new city in progress and the theme hotels would keep us busy with the
> architecture for entertaining concept while
> Santa Fe and Albuquerque would bring us back to the roots of American
> historical records.
>
>    Gladys Markoff-Sotomayor
>  Columbia University Libraries
>     212-854-4881//854-7564
>       102 Butler Library
>     535 West 114th Street
>       New York, NY 10027

Jeanne Brown                            Tel:702-895-4369
Head, Architecture Studies Library      Fax:702-895-1975
Box 45-4049, 4505 Maryland Parkway      Email:[log in to unmask]
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV 89154-4049

Home page: http://library.nevada.edu/arch/index.html