Our museum photography department has been phasing out the use of
traditional film in favor of digital format for the photography of
events and social functions.  We continue to use film (as well as
digital capture) for the documentation of collections objects.

The library is the archival repository for our organization and the
staff has serious concerns about the longterm accessibility of digital
images.  I would appreciate hearing from others dealing with a similar
situation with suggestions or comments on how this should be dealt with.
Can we depend on digital images to remain viable?  Are they acceptables
surrogates for film?  Does the VRA has a particular stand in this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Frances B. Clymer
Librarian