Not so!  There is now a Texas/Mexico Chapter!  And sponsoring a conference
in Mexico is definitely in our plans but we're still working on our
membership and "recovering" from the conference we sponsored in 1997.  Just
give us a couple more years to get ready ...

Janine Henri

>Date:         Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:03:40 -0500
>Sender:       ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
>From:         RAY A LOCKARD <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: [ARLIS-L] Hemispheric Location Possibilities for Future ARLIS
>              /NA
>              Conference
>Comments: To: "Juarez, Miguel" <[log in to unmask]>
>To:           [log in to unmask]
>I would LOVE to see us meet anywhere in Mexico.  I think, though, that the
>problem would be finding a chapter to host ARLIS/NA.  There is no official
>Mexico chapter!  We meet in Canada because there are chapters there.
>
>Canadian possibilities I would like to see sometime in the future include:
>Quebec City (whenever MOQ feels recuperated enough from hosting the 1995
>conference in Montreal) or Ottawa.  British Columbia is a part of the
>ARLIS/NA Pacific Northwest Chapter and IT includes a Canadian Province
>because there is precedent in other professional library organizations in
>that region.
>
>Ray Anne Lockard
>
>                                Ray Anne Lockard
>                         Head, Frick Fine Arts Library
>                           University Library System
>                            University of Pittsburgh
>                             Pittsburgh, PA  15260
>                              Voice:  412-648-2410
>                                Fax:  412-648-7568
>                          E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
>
>                A book should be a ball of light in one's hands.
>                                   Ezra Pound
>
>On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Juarez, Miguel wrote:
>
>> Or how about Guadalajara, to coincide with FIL (Feria Internacional
>> de Libro-Guadalajara Book Fair) or in Monterrey, Mexico?
>>

>> Miguel Juarez, Assistant Librarian
>> Art, Art History, Art Education, Photography
>> University of Arizona Library
>> E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Head Librarian
The Architecture and Planning Library