Yes, good idea.  We are all so busy that letter writing would happen more often
if we each ahd a "form letter" about this on a disk and we revise as necessary as
the need arises.  We should also inform each other each time we see negative
advertisements or depictions in film, etc.  Sort of our own "Stigma Alert."  Ray
Anne Lockard

"Roth, Emily" wrote:

> Image is everything as we all know from looking at advertising everywhere in
> our lives.
>
> Maybe the one thing we can all do is the following: Whenever we read an
> article that contains in any way, shape or form a disparaging remark about
> the image of librarians, we write a letter to the editor of the publication
> and/or the author of the article. I often think about the letter I would
> write but never do it. The time has come!  AND if many of us write regarding
> the same thing and the editor and author are inundated, so much the better.
>
> Emily Roth
> Associate Museum Librarian
> Uris Library and Teacher Resource Center
> The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound