I went to an American Folklore Society meeting in Albuquerque some years ago.
 The conference hotel was fully equipped for meetings and events.  Don't
remember the name, but it was connected to the convention center.  It was a
great city for a meeting, with side trips to Santa Fe, of course (less than 2
hrs. north, I think).

But I have wanted to have ARLIS in Las Vegas for years.  I've been to several
meetings there.  It's a great meeting city for all the obvious reasons, but
also for museums (!) and art.  The Mirage is a gorgeous older hotel there,
though it may be expensive.

Joan Benedetti