I am also in happy agreement with the VEGAS idea!  Ray Anne Lockard

"Janine J. Henri" wrote:

> I agree with Kathy.  And Las Vegas has art, architecture & libraries for us
> to visit.  I'm all in favor!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Janine Henri
>
> >I would also love the more exotic locales mentioned, and I loved Santa Fe
> >when the mid-year board meeting was held there, but my VOTE goes to Las
> >Vegas, because it promises to be the most affordable site, both in terms of
> >airfare deals and hotels.  ARLIS should remember that an affordable
> >conference usually means better attendance.
> >Kathy Zimon
> >
> >Jeanne Brown <[log in to unmask]> said:
> >

> >> Greetings everyone and happy new year!!
> >>
> >> The Mountain West chapter voted at our fall conference to offer Las Vegas
> >> as the site of the 2005 conference. You will be hearing more about the
> >> Nov. conference in Update, but suffice it to say at this point that our
> >> attendees from New York, California and of course the Mountain West states
> >> were very enthusiastic at the end of the conference about sharing Las
> >> Vegas with the entire ARLIS/NA membership!!! Our invitation will be going
> >> to the Board at their St. Louis meeting, and if Las Vegas as a conference
> >> site strikes a positive note with you, please let the Board members know!
> >>
> >> More later, Jeanne Brown, chair Mountain West chapter

> >> =======================================================
> >> Jeanne Brown                            Tel:702-895-4369
> >> Head, Architecture Studies Library      Fax:702-895-1975
> >> Box 45-4049, 4505 Maryland Parkway      Email:[log in to unmask]
> >> University of Nevada, Las Vegas
> >> Las Vegas, NV 89154-4049
> >>
> >> Home page: http://library.nevada.edu/arch/index.html

> >--

> Head Librarian
> The Architecture and Planning Library
> The General Libraries, P.O. Box P
> The University of Texas at Austin
> Austin, TX 78713-8916
>
> (512) 495-4623

Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound