Thanks, Ray Anne for reminding the listmembers that Update has begun
publishing memorial notices. If anyone can write a short article about
Carmen Garcia Moreno, please contact me at [log in to unmask]  Thank you!

Linda Zieper
Update Editor

Please, will someone write an article on her and her career for UpDate, so
that one of our dear members is
memorialized in our literature?  I did not know her, or I would
volunteer.  Thanks!  Ray Anne Lockard

Gladys G Markoff-Sotomayor wrote:

 > Carmen Garcia Moreno from Esteva Libros passed away in Mexico.
 > She was a librarian with a great love for books and knowledge. She shared
 > her knowledge with all. When  she became a bookseller, she assisted so
 > many librarians by finding special materials, explaining access and
 > sharing her
 > love for books and Mexico.  She will be missed
 > gladys

and eloquent lady she was. Mi pesame.
 > Danilo
 > ----------------------------
 > Adan Griego
 > > I have just received the following message from Micaela Chavez at El
 > > Colegio de Mexico.

Ray Anne Lockard, Head Librarian
Frick Fine Arts Library
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA  15260
Voice:  412-648-2411
Fax:  412-648-7568
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

"A book should be a ball of light in one's hands."
Ezra Pound