Hello ARLIS,

I was searching the ARLIS Archives and came across a message from Janice
Dillard at the Museum of Contemporary Art dated 14 September 1999:

"I'm conducting a survey of art museum librarys to compare collections (size
and type/focus), # of staff (professional/para/intern/students), job
responsibilities, salaries, etc...If you could take a few minutes to fill
out the brief questionaire below and email it back to me, I would GREATLY
appreciate it! I will post my results to the list if people are interested.
Please include the approximate size of your collection(s), and any
additional information that you want to. Thank you so much!" <snip>

I am very interested in the results of this survey since my staff was just
cut yesterday. My email message to Janice bounced back to me. Janice are you
out there? Or does anyone else know where I can get a copy of the results of
this or a similar survey?

In the alternative, we are a museum library of just over 51,000 books plus
over 1800 serials titles. We now have 2 people on the library staff. What
are the staffing levels at similar institutions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regina Kammer
Catalog Librarian
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
151 Third Street, San Francisco, CA  94103
(415) 357-4121