Hi all
Seeing Sarah's message reminded me of the library orientation webct we
launched last fall for our architecture students. It is full of cartoons.
Many of these are cartoons of librarians and most are drawn from
librarians we know and work with (including ourselves). One cartoon
librarian pushes a book truck across the screen, and so on.
The webct follows an imaginary architecture student, Freddy Feckless, from
being clueless about doing research through all the steps until he is
seen, at last, no long confused with mortar board in hand and a big smile
of self satisfaction on his face.
We have found that the humour (including the funny librarians) has helped
to make the online tutorial a big success with our students.
Access is available to all. If you want to have a laugh, follow the login
instruction on:
http://orange.mywebct.ubc.ca/public/library_123/index.html

Diana E.M. Cooper                 604-822-3943
Fine Arts Reference Librarian
Fine Arts Library
University of British Columbia
1956 Main Mall                        [log in to unmask]