The Southeast Chapter of ARLIS/NA serves Florida, as well as other states
in the SE and the Caribbean.

As the 2002 president (and resident of sunny South Florida!) of ARLIS/SE
I'm hoping to do more outreach this year with the library schools in our
state and throughout the Southeast to increase membership.  We've been very
lucky, as each year we have had at least one or two library science
students join us at our regional conferences and become members each year.

For more information on the Southeast Chapter, visit
http://www.seflin.org/arlis-se/.

         -- Roberto

>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:43:32 -0800
>From: elise pincu <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: [ARLIS-L] ARLIS Student Chapters
>Sender: ART LIBRARIES SOCIETY DISCUSSION LIST <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Approved-By: elise pincu <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Hi,
>
>I am also a graduate student at U of S. Florida.
>Currently I am a graduate intern at the Broward County
>Main Library, acting as a 'public art librarian'.  My
>goal is to work in a special art library (museum),
>academic library as the art librarian or as a public
>art librarian.
>
>I too would be interested in a local chapter of
>ARLIS/NA, though with school and work it may be too
>much for me.  What do we do from here?  I have yet to
>participate in ARLIS/NA meetings or conferences.
>
>And say, is it true that there are jobs for me in
>museums without an MA in art history?  I do plan on
>getting a certificate or other degree in art admin....
>
>Thanks,
>Elise

Roberto C. Ferrari
Vice President/President-Elect, ARLIS/SE
Chair, ARLIS/NA Web Site Administrative Board
Florida Atlantic University Library
PHONE: 561-297-3575
EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
WEB: http://www.library.fau.edu/geninfo/people/rferrari.htm