Dear Alice:
ARLIS/NA membership is open to all students at special rates.  The
conference attendance rates for students is 80 dollars. In addition, we
have the local chapters. The local chapters have special membership
rates for students which entitles you a full membership for that chapter .
the chapters conduct meetings, tours and other events.
For a chapter in your area, please look in the ARLIS/NA webpage for the
members in your area, I am sure  that your local chapter will be
wellcoming you soon.
For the rest of us in the profession, if we have students/interns working
for us, maybe we should consider as a gift a  student membership at the
local chapter or even better at the ARLIS/NA  level,
Just a thought, gladys
   Gladys Markoff-Sotomayor
 Columbia University Libraries
    212-854-4881//854-7564