Image is everything as we all know from looking at advertising everywhere in
our lives.

Maybe the one thing we can all do is the following: Whenever we read an
article that contains in any way, shape or form a disparaging remark about
the image of librarians, we write a letter to the editor of the publication
and/or the author of the article. I often think about the letter I would
write but never do it. The time has come!  AND if many of us write regarding
the same thing and the editor and author are inundated, so much the better.

Emily Roth
Associate Museum Librarian
Uris Library and Teacher Resource Center
The Metropolitan Museum of Art