Cathy Donaldson wrote:
"Advertise or die."

I'm seeing a few future librarians take it to heart already. One of my
housemates (with a BA in advertising, also working on an MBA) is in library
school right now. She plans to make a career of promoting the profession of
librarian. I say we need more like her.

The other obstacle I see is that we tend to promote ourselves to ourselves.

If PR and advertising can make crummy movies and vapid celebrities millions
of dollars, think what it could do for librarians.

I'm calling my agent right now!

Lyndsey Shaeffer
Librarian, Akron Art Museum
70 E. Market Street