From: Paula Hardin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] librarian shortage press release

I don't suppose anyone mentioned that one reason librarianship is not
attracting new people is because we are so underpaid as a profession.
Especially when they want more services, like multiple languages, database
skills, etc. etc. But then again, maybe we aren't more valuable than a bus
driver. PH

Paula Hardin
Curator
Visual Resources Library