Santa Fe/Albuquerque comes up nearly every year as a conference site
possibility. While I agree it would a fabulous location for a conference,
the members would have to be willing to make big changes in how conferences
are handled. The current practice, as I understand it, is to have one
conference hotel large enough to house most of the attendees and able to
offer enough meeting rooms for all the sessions to be held. There just isn't
a hotel of that size in Santa Fe, and may not be one large enough in
Albuquerque. The conference would have to spread over several hotels, both
for meetings and for lodging. Until ARLIS is willing to do that, a New
Mexico conference wouldn't be possible.

A second major consideration would be the fact that there is no airport in
Santa Fe.  Folks would fly into Albuquerque and have to rent cars or arrange
other transportation to get to Santa Fe.

Polly Trump

Polly Trump, MLS
Architecture Librarian
Fine Arts/Humanities Team