Hello, my name is Paula Robinson, and I am a graduate student at the University of South Florida in the Library & Information Science Department. I did a Fieldwork last semester under the guidance of Kathleen de la Pena McCook with the Pinellas Talking Book Library. The Library Director, Marilyn Stevenson, and I created a Friends of the Library group for this library. We presented a poster session at the Florida Library Association Conference in the Spring of 2001 and received a great deal of interest.

Marilyn Stevenson is a member of ASCLA and has sent in material to do a panel presentation that would address Friends groups for "special" types of libraries. We would like to have 3 - 4 different library types - Talking Book, Law, University/Academic, and Museum - to show that there are more Friends groups than those associated with public libraries. We would like to provide information on how to form one, the benefits of starting a group, and the results of the ones we have (programs/services they have added to our libraries).

If you, or someone at your library would be interested in participating in this panel representing a Museum or Art Library, please let me know. Each speaker would present for ~15-20 minutes and then there would be a Q & A session with participants. We would really appreciate your contribution to this session at the ALA Annual Conference in Atlanta.

Paula Robinson, Administrative Coordinator
Pinellas Public Library Cooperative
1330 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755-5103
Phone: (727) 441-8408