PLEASE EXCUSE CROSS-POSTING

This listing for a faculty position at Boston College was subject
to a "processing error" and, as a result, did not appear in the CAA's
most recent career listing.  We would appreciate your posting it where
appropriate in your department or elsewhere at your institution.

> Painter
>
> Boston College. Tenure Track, Assistant Professor position
> to begin August 2002. Teach undergraduates, all
> levels of painting and drawing.
>
> Qualifications:       MFA and strong exhibition record required,
> as well as college/university teaching experience.
> Commitment to teaching studio art within the context of the
> liberal arts and some administrative responsibilities in an
> undergraduate department that offers majors in art history,
> studio art,and film studies.
>
> Application should include cover letter with concise
> artist's statement including teaching philosophy, CV, names
> of three references (letters will be requested later) and
  20 slides of own work. Label slides: name, date, medium,
  size, top or bottom. Please include a SASE.