Dear ARLIS Members,

        Recently we read the email request by Patrice O'Donoghue regarding the Gordon's and Mayers publications . As we have received this same request for information from several other ARLIS members, we thought maybe we should post the answer for everyone's benefit.

        Ms. O'Donoghue asked where she should order these products, and we would love it if you ordered directly from us, as it saves us a bit of time and money if we deal directly with the institution. Also, if you order from us now we can give you our substantial pre-publication discounts, good if ordered by December 31, 2001, and available only through us. In addition, if you are on standing order, you will automatically receive our annual pre-publication discounts.

        To the best of our knowledge, Mayer is no longer publishing a CD-ROM, and has not published a book in several years, although we understand they intend to at some point in the future. We would suggest Art Sales Index as a very viable alternative. We distribute Art Sales Index titles in this country, and recommended them over Mayer even before we started distributing for ASI. They have both printed and electronic versions of their data.

        We also distribute many other price guides and art reference materials for different U.S. and foreign publishers.

        Please visit our website at www.gordonsart.com to see our book, disc, and on-line data selections, as well as information on Art Sales Index.  You may also contact us for a copy of our 2002 product catalogue (available in paper and electronic format).

        Thank you for the interest in our titles. If you have any questions or would like a copy of the catalogue mailed to you, please don't hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jodie L. Benson
Gordon's Art Reference
306 W. Coronado Road
Phoenix, AZ 85003-1147 USA
1-800-892-4622  orders
001-602-253-6948  offices
001-602-253-2104  fax
http://www.gordonsart.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please telephone or email the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.