Hi Shannon
We have only used dust jackets for our picture collection. We clip out the
suitable pictures and identify them (often on the jacket itself) and file
these by artist, or topic. We also save the bit on the author and file
this under the author's name along with the name of the book.
We also have a long bulletin board in the hallway outside our division. We
put up book jackets and get a lot of enquiries about the new books. So,
we are thinking of using them now to enhance *our* new book list
online. This would meaning some scanning. Was this successful?

We are also starting a project to scan the title pages (or some relevant
nice page) of some of our rare books in our rare book collection. These
will be accompanied by an annotation and will be on our homepage. It is
one way of making our rare items a little more interesting and accessible.
It might even come to pass that we could make a link from the catalogue
record.
Just think of the possibilities - book jacket-wise, or title page-wise, or
interesting image from the book-wise....
Diana E.M. Cooper                 604-822-3943
Fine Arts Reference Librarian
Fine Arts Library
University of British Columbia
1956 Main Mall                        [log in to unmask]