Dear Fellow Art Librarians,

Our administration, here at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, has asked us
to look into online sources of illustrations that the library can
subscribe to for use by our customers. The Music and Art Department has
the library's color printer and the library is considering making the
prints free as a compliment to, or instead of, our existing Picture
File.

I was hoping some of other art libraries, especially the public art
libraries, would tell me what sources you have found useful. Carnegie
Library currently subscribes to the AP Photo Archive.  I think Amico
would be useful for art reproductions by artist and subject.  Corbis
does not seem to be public library friendly, but maybe some of you have
found them to be useful. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

As a public library our users range from the student needing a picture
of George Washington or pollution to illustrate a term paper to the
commercial artist looking for references for paintings and illustrations
on subjects ranging from lightning to architectural details.  We
currently have a popular Picture File on many subjects including
reproductions of paintings, prints, sculpture, architectural monuments,
travel scenes and portraits.

Please respond to me directly.

Thanks alot for you help.

Cathy Tack