A large group of students had an assignment which seemed easy enough
until we started helping them.

We found it very difficult in Art Index and BHA to zero in on works such
as Michelangelo's David and Pieta.
As far as I and my colleagues could tell, there are no subject headings
in either index that keeps Michelangelo and a particular work of art
together to prevent false hits.  We have Art Index via WilsonWeb and BHA
via Eureka.

Am I missing something?!

Thanks for any advice,

Ruth Thomas, Art History Bibliographer, Boston University