Dear colleagues,

So far, I have received two responses to my inquiry about the use of
scanners in Art Library.Both replies agree that the use of a scanner is
akin to the use of a copy machine.Most useful was the advice to allow use
of scanners, but to require the user to assure the library that they will
use the images for personal or classroom use only.This way, the user is
alerted to the limits of use on the copyrighted image.
I hope this helpful.Please let me know if you have any other questions or
comments.

Selale Korkut
Head, Bilkent University Art Library
06533, Bilkent, Ankara, Turkey