Dear ARLIS/SC members,

I am pleased to announce that nominations for ARLIS/SC Vice-Chair/Chair
Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer are now being accepted through November 30,
2001.  I invite and encourage you to consider joining the ARLIS Southern
California Chapter Board to play a key role in the future of our
chapter.  As an active participant of ARLIS/SC, officers gain opportunities
to build new relationships, develop leadership skills, and have a lot of
fun doing it!

An abbreviated summary of responsibilities for each position follows:
VICE-CHAIR / CHAIR ELECT
Work with Chair Alan Michelson to arrange business meetings and events
SECRETARY Write business meeting minutes and event summaries
TREASURER Collect dues; update and distribute membership directory; monitor
ARLIS/SC account transactions

I urge you to nominate an outstanding member who is willing and able to
dedicate her/his time to the ARLIS/SC membership, including yourself!  The
ARLIS/SC 2001 elections will be held in December at an informal meeting
and/or by mail ballots.  Statements of candidates must be received by
November 30, 2001, for inclusion on the ballot.

Please address nominations or questions to me at

310-247-3036 ext.223 or [log in to unmask]

Thank you for you consideration.  I look forward to receiving an
outstanding selection of candidates from our membership.

Sincerely,

Angel Lopez, ARLIS/SC Chair
Margaret Herrick Library
Beverly Hills, CA