Colleagues,

Need some information about next year's conference?  Trying to find registration and hotel rates?  Just want to know where we stand with conference planning?  Our website is ready and waiting to provide you with some answers!

http://library.wustl.edu/~beth/Conference.html

Under "Conference Information" you will find all of the basic information to help you with your planning decisions, including hotel and registration rates--and soon you will be able to register online!  Also listed is the preliminary daily program (subject to change) and our planned tours, many with links so that you can preview the tour sites we have selected for you.

"About St. Louis" is a collection of links to sites with general information about our wonderful city, including guides to the arts, entertainment and dining.  For the evenings when nesting if the fabulous Hyatt Union Station sound more appealing, the hotel is connected to a large mall with restaurants, stores, and a movie theatre.  We encourage you to check out the link to the Union Station website for more information.

All of the St. Louis planners consider the city an easy one to visit and navigate.  To help plan your trip, we suggest that you take a look at the "Travel" section of our site to learn more about Lambert International Airport and our easy-to-use Metrolink light rail system, which for a mere $2.50 will take you straight from the airport directly into the waiting "arms" of the conference hotel.  In light of recent events, we realize that many of you may be considering alternate modes of travel.  Your regional chapters will be working to inform you of different travel options, and we have provided links to Greyhound and Amtrak on our website.  We understand your concerns and want to be sensitive to them, so please feel free to make suggestions on other links, travel or otherwise, that may help out our attendees.

Dana Beth of Washington University in St. Louis is our web page designer.  While she is trying to make our website as comprehensive and current as possible, we understand that many of you may have special questions to answer.  Please note that on our site we have provided a list of people to contact who will be happy to assist you with planning questions.  Make sure to bookmark our site and visit it often, because our conference plans are developing daily!

We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!

Marianne Cavanaugh
ARLIS/NA Local Arrangements Co-Chair

Betha Whitlow
VRA Local Arrangements Co-Chair