Dear Colleagues,

Our Art Library is faced with a shortage of shelving space, and we are
looking at possibly moving materials to off-site storage.  Since
Wellesley's collection of art material is very rich, having been developed
nearly since the founding of the school well over 100 years ago, we are
facing a very hard task in considering what should go to storage.  The
collection as a whole also reflects the history of the Art History and
Studio Art programs here, so the thought of breaking it up is distressing
to us all.

Would those of you who have had to deal with this problem please share
your solutions, ie: being very creative with use of space to keep more
material on site OR your criteria for selecting materials for off-site
storage.  We would be most appreciative of your suggestions and advice,
particularly with regard to selection criteria.

Please send replies directly to me rather than to the list:
Thank you for your help.

Sheryl

Sheryl L. Wilhite
(ARLIS VR Division Vice-Moderator)