Dear Librarian in charge of Art History Selection,

After a recent talk with Susan Moon at UC Santa Barbara art library (who
purchased the book), I decided to post some information for my book: From
Marsh to Mountain, The Art of Harry Curieux Adamson.

Adamson, a local California painter, is a very well known and highly
respected wildlife artist in this particular niche of the art world. His
subjects range from stunning landscapes awash with mallards and pintails, to
exotic birds (such as the Quetzal selected for the first Birds in Art
Exhibit at the Smithsonian in 1980) to rare sheep in their native settings.
At 85, he is still painting commissions for patrons who pay from $20,000 to
$30,000 for one of the two or three he will paint in a year.  Since his
older paintings are bringing more and more money at auction, I felt there
needed to be a book on his career and the advancement of wildlife art as
fine art in the 20th C.  The result is the only book on Adamson, and I
wanted it to be right--so I published it myself and am proud of the result.
The book is intended as a reference volume for future study and therefore
includes a complete bibliography and a complete list of published prints.
The volume is printed on quality paper, cloth bound, with embossed hard
cover.  It contains 225 pages and over 100 color plates.  The brochure for
the book is available on line at www.dilesbooks.com or www.harryadamson.com.

It is my firm belief that this book should be in every library that has a
collection of 20th century art.  The book is available through Barnes and
Noble.com and through Quality Books to libraries.  However, I feel so
strongly about libraries that I will sell it directly for $40 (retail
$80)plus shipping.

Please call me at 1-800-913-3363 or email me at [log in to unmask]  I will
certainly respond as soon as possible.

Diane K. Inman