So far I have gotten no information on the different versions of BHA,
but a number of requests to share what I find out (I will) and a number
of questions on how I ever got somebody to donate. I can't claim credit
for the latter. One of the art history faculty, who is also the library
liaison, has remained in touch with an art history BA alum who later
acquired an MPA and started his own business. He expressed an interest
in donating, and my professor friend (with my enthusiastic
encouragement) suggest funding some electronic library subscriptions. I
met with both of them last week and the alum committed an amount for the
next five years which should fund both BHA and GroveArt (as it is now
called). If his company is still doing well in five years, I presume we
can renegotiate.

Interstingly, I found out yesterday that the California State University
has arranged a trial of the RLG databases for November, so I can try
that version out. I'd still like your expert input, especially on things
like reliability and technical/customer service--the stuff that's hard
to find out from a trial.

Edith Crowe
San Jose State University
(408) 924-2738