----------------------------Original message---------------------------- ARLIS-L subscribers, Before the week is out I will be letting everyone know about some changes that will be taking place in ARLIS-L. Before I do that, I would like to ask the list about one change in particular. If you have an opinion please respond directly to me at: <[log in to unmask]> before noon on Wednesday October 24. (I know it is short notice, but we have a small window to work in.) Currently, when you reply to a message posted to the list, your reply is sent back to the whole list. The only time this does not happen is when I copy and paste the poster's email address into a "reply-to" in the header. I do this on postings about duplicate periodicals and other similar items. Because of this policy, if you reply to a posting and it is of a personal nature, this also goes to the whole list. Up until now, I usually intercept these items. This is going to change. So, my question is: would it be preferable to change the list settings so that all replies go to the person who posted the message, rather than the list? It is still possible to have your reply post to the list by doing a "reply-all" rather than just a regular reply. I understand that some email systems may not have a "reply-all" option, but it would not be difficult to cc the list either. I did some checking around and most of the lists I am subscribed to besides ARLIS-L and one other all work this way. It is my feeling that this change may make things more consistent with other lists most of us are on. If you have strong opinions about this please let me know by noon on Wednesday October 24. I need to make my final decision by that day. Thanks so much, Kerri Scannell ------------------------------------------------------- Kerri A. Scannell Fine Arts Librarian, Technical Services Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center University of Kentucky Lexington, KY 40506-0224 (859) 257-4630 [log in to unmask] __________________________________________________________________ Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] Administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.uky.edu/archives/arlis-l.html Questions may be addressed to list owner (Kerri Scannell) at: [log in to unmask]