[This message has been cross-posted -- please forgive any duplication!]

I'm hoping someone out there can offer some biographical and/or
bibliographical assistance.

C(harles) R(obert) Ashbee (1863-1942), a leader in Arts & Crafts decorative
arts and Queen Anne revival architecture, is mentioned in passing in both
Emmanuel Cooper's The Sexual Perspective: Homosexuality and Art in the Last
100 Years in the West and James Saslow's Pictures and Passions: A History
of Homosexuality in the Visual Arts as a (possible) homosexual.   They base
their comments on his all-male homophilic Guild and School of Handicraft,
founded in 1888.

Preliminary research in standard gay/lesbian biographical/encyclopedic
resources hasn't revealed anything.  I've only just begun doing research on
Ashbee.  However, before I start going through scores of materials and
ordering things through interlibrary loan, I'm wondering if anyone out
there is already familiar with Ashbee and may be aware of this information,
or if this is original interpretation on Cooper's and/or Saslow's part.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Roberto C. Ferrari
Florida Atlantic University