ARLIS-L members,

I have made the changes in ARLIS-L that I informed everyone about last
week.  We ended up modifying the changes a little from what I originally
told you would happen.  Here is what has been done:

1. Any member on the list can post to the list and it is sent automatically.
2. Any new members to the list must be added by me and I will set them to a
"review" status so that their postings will be sent to me first, before
going to the list.
3.  In addition, we did find a way for non-list members to also be able to
post to the list, but those messages will also go to me first so I can
prevent any spam coming through.
4. Also, attachments are not accepted by ARLIS-L.  This is a precaution to
prevent the spread of viruses.  In the past I would inform people about
attachments not coming through and ask them to send again as plain
text.  Now I have set up the list so that if you send an attachment the
list will reject it and send you notice.

Finally, you should all have gotten a message today informing you that your
list settings have changed.  I put in the subject header [ARLIS-L] and this
is the change that listserv informed you of.  All messages coming to you on
ARLIS-L will have this subject header tag.  This was a request from several
people, plus something I had been thinking of doing for a long while
now.  If you do not like it and would like to turn it off, you can do
that.  Here's how:

Send a message to <[log in to unmask]>  Leave the subject blank and in
the body of the text type:
set ARLIS-L nosubjecthdr

If you get a message back that you are not a member, your email address
probably needs to be updated.  Let me know and we will fix it.

If anyone has any questions or concerns do not hesitate to let me know.  I
think the changes made to the list should be welcome changes and will
facilitate better communication within the group.  Thanks for all your
patience during this process.
Kerri Scannell

Kerri A. Scannell
Fine Arts Librarian, Technical Services
Lucille C. Little Fine Arts Library and Learning Center
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0224
(859) 257-4630