Dear All,

May I introduce myself as a new subscriber who is hoping to find out what
literature there is on the different ways Michelangelo's statue of Moses
has been evaluated over time.  I'm an Australian psychologist re-evaluating
Freud's essay of the statue whose has got interested by what is a side
issue to the main thrust of my work.

Many authorities refer to the fact that the statue has been evaluated
differently at different times, but there does not seem to be a work
devoted solely or mainly to those changes  I'm hoping to find a small
monograph, preferably in English or some papers clearly setting out the
chronology of the evaluations and discussing, at least briefly, the reasons
for them.  None of the art historians I've asked seem know of any study
that is so specific, yet I can't believe that someone hasn't traced the
history of the changes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Malcolm Macmillan, D.Sc., FAPS
Professor of Psychology