Hello Beth,
  Nice to hear from you.  By objects, we generally mean any object -
painting, chair, vase, building, etc.  I have used the core to catalog
architectural drawings, if that is where you are headed with your
question.  An architectural drawing is, after all, an object in and of
itself.  It is also a piece of documentation about a
building/site/landscape.  Do you have more questions? I love talking about
this stuff...
Cheers,
Ann