Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:11:39 -0400
From: Rod Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Free, downloadable data over trade centers/pentagon
Sender: Rod Anderson <[log in to unmask]>

In the wake of the recent tragedy in New York and Washington i-cubed has
placed several data sets on the net free for download.  They range in
complexity from 3D Digital City Models of Manhattan Island, to be viewed in
ArcView's 3D Analyst, to jpegs of the Pentagon captured from aerial
photography.  Please feel free to download any of the data and use it in
presentation, educational, or personal use.

http://www.i3.com/

Original query:

"A visiting professor of architectural design has asked: "I can't
find a map of the area around the World Trade Center showing streets
and building footprints.  We will need building heights, too, but I
think that's too much to hope for! We need to build the buildings in
a model, so the map needs to be pretty detailed."

Martha Walker
Reference Librarian
Olin Kroch Uris Libraries
Division of Reference Services