------------------
Dear Colleagues,

The CCA is surveying its audiovisual materials, digital holdings and
playback equipment with a view to long-term preservation. We will determine
what media and equipment are represented throughout the institution, the
extent of the holdings, the efficacy of present storage conditions, the
materials most immediately at risk, and the cost implications of any
necessary reformatting.

If your institution has already done this, I would appreciate any tips you
can offer regarding procedures, helpful forms to be filled out, pitfalls,
unexpected results, etc.  Although I have ploughed through a mountain of
current material on the subject, there is nothing quite like first-hand
information from colleagues who have =22been there=22.

You could reply off-list if you like=3B I will summarize and post the =
results
if they appear to be of general interest.

Thank you and all best, Rosemary.

Rosemary Haddad
Biblioth=E9caire associ=E9e / Associate Librarian
Centre Canadien d'Architecture / Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile
Montr=E9al, QC   H3H 2S6
CANADA
Tel. (514) 939-7000 ext.1374     Fax  (514) 939-7020
Email:  rhaddad=40cca.qc.ca    URL:  http://cca.qc.ca