Dear Collective Wisdom:
One of our patrons needs to verify a quote that was used in the recent Pollock movie. A reporter from LIFE MAGAZINE asked the artist "How do you know when you've finished the painting?" Pollock apparently replied "How do you know when you've finished maikng love?" We checked the famous August 8, 1949 issue, but this quote was not to be found. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance,
Margaret English
Toronto Reference Library