 I invite you to visit a web site showing artist books by Jill Timm of Mystical Places Press, publisher of limited edition handcrafted artist books that celebrate the spirit and aesthetics of the natural environment.  Which in today’s traumatic world is a nice place to visit for a bit calm.  http://www.mysticalplaces.com.

 The 2 latest books are St Elmo, an old mining town high up in the Colorado mountains, and  White Sands. White Sands has a live sand dune encased in the cover. You can make it move. Inside, the book has a 270 degree view of the dunes and mountains beyond. From the top of a dune, 13 photographs were taken while rotating around. These were merged together for a spectacular panorama that is 2 by 39 inches.

At the last ARLIS convention there was a lot of discussion about how librarians learn about the artists making books. There was an enthusiastic agreement that librarians want book artists to visit them and show them books
in person. So I thought maybe that's what I would do.

For those of you who are in the San Francisco Bay area and would like to see some of these book in person please e-mail me for an appointment. I will be in the area for a short time arriving Sept 26 .

For those of you in the Baltimore / Philadelphia area I will be showing at the Oak Knoll
book Fest, Oct 13-14 in New Castle, Delaware (For more information go to http://www.oakknoll.com/okf2001.html). If you are not able to attend the Book Fest, please e-mail me and we’ll see if we can arrange an appointment.

Thank you,
Jill

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press